Monday, July 06, 2009

Fourth of July: The Day in Pictures

Fourth of July, Part Un. The annual Autism Speaks Fourth of July 5k, Potomac, Maryland.



The kid really loves this race. No, really.



See?



Bad. Ass.


A joyful runner.


Art.


Self-portrait, running.


Deirdre on the run.


More running.


Bad ass? Or big ass? You decide.


Fourth of July, Part Deux: Annual Capitol Hill street party: the water balloon toss. Get outta the way kid!


Eat crackers and whistle contest. Not as easy as it looks.


Everybody limbo!


Low, low, low, low, low, low, low.


Fourth of July, Part Trois: On the mall.


Someone crashes.



Et, voila.

12 comments:

Susan said...

Bad, not big! :)

Unknown said...

Is that you limboing in that short skirt? ;-)

gmgizmo9 said...

Nice pictures, Jeanne! Thanks for sharing. You had a pretty busy day!! :-)

Petraruns said...

Fab photos, and I need to have NODs sunglasses. What a gorgeous girl she is! Just like her BADass mother...

Kelly said...

Oooo I just love posts filled with photos! It feels like I was there (can I come next time?!).

21stCenturyMom said...

I vote BAD - great pics!

ShirleyPerly said...

Great photos of your 4th and congrats on your 5K PR!

That limboing looks tough. I don't think I could do it after running a 5k.

Lesser is More said...

I wanted to do that race, but couldn't justify the $35 or so for the 5k. Since you've been doing it, at least its tradition. They do not need to charge that much for a 5k race and until they lower the price, I refuse.

Great pictures!

Anne said...

Certainly looks like a PR-setting run to me. No wonder you were pooped at the end of the day.

Runner Susan said...

Wow that looks like fun! I'm coming to visit you soon!

peter said...

What?! You ran the CAN w/o me?

Jade Lady said...

looks like u had a great time!